Monday 3 June 2013

I am a mom

Find it really hard to maintain a blog.

Was just looking through the title of my blog, "A brand new season".

Indeed, it is another brand new season for me.

One year after marriage, I have become a mum.

By the grace and mercy of God, not only have I become a mum of 1, but 2 boys. Yes! I have given birth to a pair of non-identical twins. It wasn't in my family line to have twins. Therefore it is a shock when we first discover 2 fetus in the scan. 

Pregnancy was hard initially though I did not have much pregnancy symptoms as one would normally experienced except for extreme fatigue. Fell into severe condemnation as a result of tiredness limiting me in performing my role effectively as a worker and a wife. Had to soak myself in the word of God. A verse that I held on dearly during my pregnancy is "My grace is sufficient for you, my strength is made perfect in weakness." This verse has held on to me throughout my pregnancy and indeed, I found supernatural strength to continue with daily life activities.

Gave birth to 2 boys, Dave and Ben on the 15th Feb 2013, weighing 2.1kg and 2.4 kg respectively.

The birth of the children was a joy but also the start of another nightmare. The endless cry with helplessness as a young parent. Numerous visits to the polyclinic for blood test due to jaundice. Felt as though I was serving a sentence as movement was confine to within the boundaries of a house.

However, I never regretted having these 2 children. They are my pride and joy. The thing I love most every morning is to see them smile. The "hard work" in exchange for a smile is all worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment